Creating a safer world by helping more businesses, industries and countries
Extending our services to more industries
Since the establishment of Newton, we have continued to reach out to more businesses locally and internationally. We aim to improve our service portfolio, increase partnerships and improve our facilities to benefit more industries, helping countries around the globe.
SOME OF THE INDUSTRIES WE HAVE SERVED
BUILDING MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTIONS
The building materials for the constructions industry relies heavily on the packaging materials to keep the heavy load secured.
We provide stretch hood and stretch film solutions to customers to safeguard their goods from handling and damage. We perform tests and evaluate the damage and impact resistance of handling, packaging and transporting of building materials to understand the thresholds.
- To test and study the UVI coated stretch wrapping films or stretch hood films
- To achieve unitised loads through testing and optimisation
- To effectively pack products for safe and successful transportation
- To automate packaging lines for greater speed and consistency
MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICAL
Medical devices in the pharma industry is vital and any damage costs live. With our capabilities in matching shrink film for primary and secondary packaging to shrink tunnels and packing machinery, we can help our customers in the industry to protect their devices.
Our team of experts in R&D are fully equipped to understand the intricacies of handling medical devices for optimal tests.
- To examine medical devices, like syringes, and test the compression strength and the drop and vibration thresholds
- To determine the best-fit equipment, settings and films to use for each unique application
- To help our customers in using optimal gauge and amount of film with high operating efficiency and at the lowest possible cost
RESINS & CHEMICAL COMPOUNDS
In the resins and chemical compound sector, we use a combination of different analysis techniques to obtain the chemical composition of unknown plastic materials. As such, we can identify which polymer or polymers, mineral fillers, and reinforcements are present.
- To ensure the transport of packaging is compliant to ISTA Standard (International Safe Transit Association) and EUMOS 40509
- To create custom standards for our customers from the beginning to the end— from the designing stage to sourcing for products and until the end of the chain in ensuring your products arrive intact
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION
Electronic and telecommunication components are sensitive to external environments, from vibration to statics and more. As such, helping our customers protect their components and products is vital.
- To test customer products with packaging
- To eliminate the risks of product breakage and claims
- To help customers reduce costs, reputational damage and overall carbon footprint
- To give our customers a clear understanding of how their packaging and products cope with different external stress through data-based performance tests and evaluation
- To solve our customers’ problems rapidly by pinpointing performance deficits or design weak points
FOOD & BEVERAGES
The F&B industry is one of the most progressive industries in terms of primary and secondary packaging. Understanding the rapid change in this market, allows us to help our customers with optimal packaging solutions while promoting sustainability.
- To reduce unnecessary secondary packaging
- To provide on-site audit and diagnosis tests on their existing packaging
- To test their F&B packaging materials and wrapping based on load containment standards
- To monitor their stretch wrapping performance
- To help customers with their bundle packaging, which is the secondary packaging to protect their loads better
With our technical expertise, we help customers in the furniture industry in keeping their products safe and their reputation intact. Protecting furniture is intricate. Just one piece of furniture requires multiple unique protection.
We help furniture makers with shrink bags for upholstery and material, drapes for underneath the shrink bags, wooden legs protection materials and more.
- To develop packaging fit for different furniture needs that optimises material usage
- To ensure optimal total cost
- To evaluate options for combining standard retail and ecommerce pack functionality
- To shift from multi-material to mono-material packaging in support of recyclability
- To improve their internal and external logistics in terms of efficiency and costs
Packaging for ecommerce is a different ballgame. The brand is tied closely to how your products arrived at their doorsteps. Arriving damage is equivalent to your brand trust broken and they will never shop with you again. As such, choosing your protective packaging is critical to your customer relationship and retention.
- To help our customers protect their brand image and improve their customer experience with custom packaging details
- To discover the right packaging, primarily the correct size of boxes, cartons or bags for our clients’ products
- To optimise dim weight for lower shipping costs
- To minimise packaging to increase sustainability